- Monday evenings high schools aged teens from 9th to 12th grades, 7:15pm to 8:15pm.
Wednesday evenings adults from 18 years old and up 6pm to 7pm.
Thursday evenings middle school aged adolescents 6th grade to 8th grade 5pm to 6pm.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) was originally designed for people with Borderline Personality Disorder, but has been found to be effective for other conditions, such as self-destructive behaviors (self-harm, suicidal ideology, eating disorders, substance abuse, etc.…), anxiety, major depression, PTSD related with childhood sexual abuse, Bipolar disorder, ADHD, and other cluster B personality disorders.
- In DBT therapy, the client and therapist work on bringing together self-acceptance, and the work needed to change negative behaviors in order to bring about positive changes. During the group session, clients are taught skills that will help them effectively change their negative behaviors to positive behaviors using four main strategies:
- Mindfulness – clients are taught skills that will help them to focus on the present
- Distress Tolerance – clients are taught skills on how to tolerate and survive their current situations
- Interpersonal Effectiveness – clients are taught skills that will help them build and keep health and positive relationships.
- Emotion Regulation – clients are taught skills to help them recognize and cope with negative emotions
- Some insurances can be billed; please inquire. Cash price is $50/week